The North Bay Recovery Home is a long-term facility for men and women aged 16 and over with alcohol and/or drug dependencies who are seeking professional assistance on their journey to recovery. The North Bay Recovery Home first opened its doors in North Bay in 1969 and at the time was located on McIntyre Street. In 1991 a new building was constructed on Oak Street to house the North Bay Recovery Home.
North Bay Recovery Home vision statement:
- The professional team of the North Bay Recovery Home welcomes you and ensures your recovery journey will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Each client will receive a comprehensive assessment and a personalized care plan consisting of diverse groups and individualized therapies.
- Everyone has the right to experience an empathetic, supportive and caring environment where they are free to express their thoughts and feelings in a non-judgmental and safe manner.
- Our services are adapted based on evaluated, measured outcomes ensuring we meet and exceed program criteria, Ministry mandates and client expectations.
- We continue to participate in ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We provide a safe, secure and accessible facility.
- We ensure confidentiality, are respectful of personal boundaries and adhere to ethical principles.
North Bay Recovery Home Value statement:
Help…. Help people acquire the skills necessary for their recovery.
Others…. Allow yourself the help of others to benefit many.
Personally…. Your journey is personally driven.
Evolve…. Embrace the opportunities to evolve.
HOPE…. Help Others Personally Evolve.
The program components of the North Bay Recovery Home are multi-faceted and are offered in both official languages (English and French). Programming is delivered by certified Addiction Counsellors.
We offer a 60 day program that is aimed at reinforcing the skills required for a new lifestyle and to prepare for a sober/clean return to society. Our facility houses 22 Ministry of Health & Long Term Care funded beds and 5 fee for service beds;
- Ministry of Health & Long Term Care
- Ministry of Housing
- Private Donations
- Charitable Donations